Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Lazt

Minecraft Update Trouble

16 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

Anyone Interested in continuing to play on the 2g1m survival server should probably heed this advice;

As 1.1 is released, it is natural that you click the update button as soon as it appears. STOP! Backup your minecraft folder!!! (%appdata%/.minecraft) as we will not be clicking that button!

Windows 7/Vista:

1. Press Start

2. Type ' %appdata% ' and hit Enter

3. Create a Copy of the .minecraft folder on your desktop or somewhere else you will remember.

Windows XP

1. Open any Folder (My Documents, Folder on Desktop, Anything!)

2. Type ' %appdata% ' into the address bar and hit Enter

3. Create a Copy of the .minecraft folder on your desktop or somewhere else you will remember.

Mac OS

1. Who Knows

2. Who Cares

3. Who Bothers

Lazt cares :D

For the few of us that are actually Mac Users (*gasps*) You can find everything under User/Library/Application Support/minecraft . If you're a little lost at first like I was just use Finder to locate your Library, click Application Support, go into the bin folder and there you go!

Search "Library" > Application Support > Bin > Minecraft.jar

Why Backup the whole folder including maps?

Because the new update could corrupt game saves, we don't know yet! Let's be safe!

The Server and Bukkit and many plugins are NOT being updated straight away. When we roll out a server update we will take a day or so to correctly move to a new map and import some old content. We will TRY to bring user data over, or try to delete unused chunks and simply allow the game to re-render most of them with the new generation system. Whatever it takes we will do our best. We cannot guarantee anything.

You will be given warning when we are about to do a map move, as such it is advised that you begin logging out in spawn for safety reasons until after any updates are done.

Until then, enjoy!

What if I already updated?

Well! Lucky for you we here at 2G1M love you for being so fast to update that we'll give you a hand. We have something to offer to you to get onto the server and avoid any future problems with Minecraft updates! We present to you MCLauncher!

What is MCLauncher?

Well I'm glad you asked!

You see MCLauncher is an alternate Minecraft Launching program that gives you the ability to select from any number of jars, including *drumroll* 1.0 for our server!

All you need to do is click Options > Jar Downloader, using the drop down menu find minecraft 1.0.0! It's that easy!

Begin by going to the following link:

Be sure to click on the appropriate option for you, as shown below.

MCLauncher.png

Original topic by: Tarquin999

Updated by: LaztChantz and Loki_Cain

Ok let's just say you don't like Mclauncher for what ever reason, no ones judging you (except Rev), luck for you there is another way to restore old versions and here how to do it:

(sorry if its a taad bit fuzzy)

Ok let's just say you don't like Mclauncher for what ever reason, no ones judging you (except Rev), luck for you there is another way to restore old versions and here how to do it:

(sorry if its a taad bit fuzzy)

You weren't kidding about having Tarquin on your wallpaper.

1 person likes this

I followed Lazt's method, but i still can't connect to the server. "Failed to connect to server. Connection refused: Connect" is the message I get.

Was it the back up the jar option, or the MCLauncher option you went with?

MCLauncher, i downloaded final_1.0.0.jar and hit launch, but then im told the message above.

What IP are you putting in to connect? Sure it's the right one?

It's auto-saved on the list. Never failed me before. Unless you changed the IP when i wasnt looking?

Edit: I fixed it. God im stupid -.- i was still using 2girls1minecraft.com as the IP. Which it no longer is.

The IP was changed. You should be using this to connect: mc.2g1m.com

so i just make a copy of it? or is there more to it? Or do i have to go on the website your telling me to. Then download it? Iam VERY confused.