Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpitefulBatman

Coming Soon - Server Changes

22 posts in this topic

Good Morning, Evening, Afternoon and Night everyone,

After several weeks of consideration we will be trialing a new system with our servers.

What does this mean?

We are going to be running a dedicated solution (at least as a trial for a while) for all our servers. This means we have a little more control and stability from our box, which hopefully means less downtime and more gametime. In addition, we can install whatever games we want, and not pay any extra!

Why are you telling us this?

Well there are 2 reason, one for premiums and one for non-premiums.

Obviously the cost of this is much higher, as such we need more premiums! But don't worry, we aren't asking you to donate for nothing.

The second reason is for premiums and VIP's.

Premium users will be given a list of games that they can choose to setup a server for, exclusive only to premium users. At the start of each month you will be asked to select a new game, and a new server will be put up to replace the old, or of course you can extend the current one. Examples include;

Team Fortress 2

Minecraft

Terraria

Counter Strike

Left 4 Dead 2

An official list will be posted once the server is operational.

We are excited for this move and hope that it benefits the community greatly. We hope to keep you up to date during this period of change and apologize for any downtime that may occur over the coming days.

11 people like this

Just one question, Which old server gets replaced monthly? The exclusive server, or the server for the selected game? If the Premiums desire an exclusive minecraft server, will us non-premiums get kicked off? If so it might alienate people who would potentially donate in the future.

Premiums will be given their own server, they will get to choose to extend it a month or go to a new game. This server will not be anything to do with the normal server.

So do the premiums collectively get one server of the majority's choice or does each individual premie get a server of their choice if they so desire?

1 person likes this

I speak for nobody, but I'd say consider the logistics of running servers.

So do the premiums collectively get one server of the majority's choice or does each individual premie get a server of their choice if they so desire?

1 For all via vote

Tarquin i would like to say that i will continue to support the server through my Premium membership and i will not leave the server or the community............

TEAM TARQUIN

1 person likes this

There is no teams, ok? its like a band and the musicians disbanded and each one is trying a solo career.... Or something

Gil i have already explained this before i know there are no teams im just poking a bit of fun into a bad situation thats all.................Jesus!

So here it is again

Team Tarquin