Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Minecraft Servers

18 posts in this topic

Hey all,

With 1.2 Finally out and Bukkit not far off stable, we are going to be finally opening our new servers. Of course as usual community Input is wanted! Here is what I have in store:

• Hardcore Survival - No mods that benefit the players, including not being able to sethome or /home
  • CrazyCraft - This has proven to be quite fun for a lot of users, this is a small flat world with 1 small protected spawn region in the middle. There are no rules, unlimited resources and limited possibilities.
  • Creative Arts - Players who have shown they have what it takes on the normal servers to create a nice looking build, you will be invited to build on this server. Although it is public, only whitelisted will be given permission to build.
  • Public Server Upgraded to 1.2

Got a different Idea? Suggestions? Let us know. We always want your input. We hope to be opening one or more of these servers within the week, allowing for bukkit of course to be ready along with the plugins required.

5 people like this

Is the application for the creative arts server similar to the New Platoria one, or will you personally invite each individual?

Is the application for the creative arts server similar to the New Platoria one, or will you personally invite each individual?

Creative server is determined by not only a screen shot but a visit to your creation. We are only allowing high quality builds. Once we are happy that your quality is great, we will add you to the builder list, and you can do what you want on the server. As usual, security will be tight like on the public server.

I don't know why but I feel like it would be complete with a pvp like server. Like you spawn in on a random team and there is some goal and game resets every time a game is finished. How possible that is, I don't know. I don't really expect this, but I think it would be nice to be teammates or battle with my buddies on here, and terrifying if you pop on. :D

Thanks for clearing that up, Tarquin.

Also, Namir. I agree with the idea and the goal, however, you'd have to have Tarquin constantley monitor the server to reset it when it needs resetting when the other team win. The idea of a PVP factions sort of game mode would be awesome, where you can loot and pillage from eachother at will, all in the name of fun.

Perhaps a completely RPG server? Whitelist, of course, with members who fill out an application and will abide strictly with the rules of the RPG elements.

Ledo will be having an RPG server.

Look at the bottom of the main forum page. And yes, RPG means Role Playing game (i.e. Skyrim)

i think tekkit(technic smp) would be an fun thing.

as now theyr client is very easy to use aswell.

dont know if its just me but playing it legit is really fun.

and the quarry's is reaaaally expensive to make so i doubt it would be many of them the first time.

After playing Tekkit it is REALLY fun. I have been hosting a tekkit server lately and have been playing it with some of the people within our community so i fully back this idea :D

I back up the tekkit server. I would not suggest towns, as you need to continue taking space to gather resources and energy/electricity. Maybe unofficial towns. Also spawning items would be a problem.

After playing Tekkit it is REALLY fun. I have been hosting a tekkit server lately and have been playing it with some of the people within our community so i fully back this idea :D

Ahh the reason our membership count has been dropping on public!