Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpitefulBatman

Google Announces Project Glass Wearable HUD

9 posts in this topic

It looks like everyone is prepping to jump on the wearable HUD bandwagon, and Google has just announced some new technology for its entry, dubbed Project Glass.

Per the Project Glass Google+ page:

We think technology should work for you—to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don’t.

A group of us from Google[x] started Project Glass to build this kind of technology, one that helps you explore and share your world, putting you back in the moment. We’re sharing this information now because we want to start a conversation and learn from your valuable input. So we took a few design photos to show what this technology could look like and created a video to demonstrate what it might enable you to do.

Please follow along as we share some of our ideas and stories. We’d love to hear yours, too. What would you like to see from Project Glass?

The masterminds behind the tech were nice enough to provide a video that showcases potential applications for Project Glass, including at-a-glance notifications, speech-to-text functionality and the ability to make video calls. Although there weren't any direct references to Android, it would likely be the platform of choice for the device.

We probably won't see the final product any time soon, but it's safe to say that Project Glass has piqued our interest. With the Google I/O conference just a couple months away, we hope to see more demos of the tech in June.

Source: http://au.ign.com/ar...ss-wearable-hud

1 person likes this

interesting idea. and interesting to see how they will solve the camera functions (without making the glasses look retarted.)

Also how they will solve the controll of menu's and such, asfar as ive seen before it has required like 20 wires connected to your head?o.o

Also, what about us that wear glasses or contacts? or people who dont want to wear glasses all the time? and how would this be powered? all these things are huge problems for this project. I'm excited to see how theyre solved

technology is most important thing in today's .

without technology the life is dull.

Lik thats not right.. Your life must suck.. Fun or Air o idk KNOWLAGE is the most important thin g inj life.. i cant tye right now so i wont rant.. but i REALLY want to..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0