Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Raspberry Pi: The $35, credit card size computer that plays 1080p

8 posts in this topic

You own a computer. If you don’t believe me then how are you reading this? It may be big or it may fit in the palm of your hand. It has many different capabilities but you had to pay a fair amount of money to be able to use such capabilities. Raspberry Pi is a Linux based credit card size computer that has been created to get more programming based computer to students.

Raspberry-Pi-Computer.jpg

The small computer only costs $25/$35. While none of the accessories are included it has a slot for you to plug in everything that you need. It has a HDMI output for a monitor as well as a normal video out port. A ethernet port, 2 USB, micro USB for power, and a SD card slot which is the hard drive.

The computer runs linux based software and gives students a powerful way to program without the school spending much on hardware or much cost out of their own pocket.

In the video below it shows that power that such a little device can hold. While it seems like it may not be very powerful, the little computer can play high quality 1080p video without any problem. They sold out of their first batch of computers and plan to have many more as the product spreads across the globe.

Source: http://www.zagg.com/...brettbristow22/

• Similar Content

• Computer problems
      By Madfinnishgamer38
      Basically, this blog entry is all about my struggle to fix a problem with my laptop earlier this morning. If you just want to skip that crap, there will be an important piece of information at the end.
      The problem started yesterday. I booted up my laptop, and the Windows startup screen showed up. After that, absolutely nothing. Total blackness. I restarted my laptop a dozen times, running startup repair a few times and doing a disk integrity check, and eventually the laptop worked as if nothing had been wrong.
      Today it was worse. I spent an hour and a half shutting down and restarting my laptop, running every diagnostics program I could find, and blackness kept crawling across the screen after the Windows startup screeen. And it didn't even prompt me for a disk integrity check, not once. I'm assuming that's how the problem eventually solved itself yesterday.
      *** IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFORMATION BEGINS HERE ***
      I will be taking my laptop to maintenance ASAP, and by ASAP, I mean Monday as soon as I get out of work. I'm not sure how long the maintenanace will exactly take, but I estimate that it will take at least two days.
      So basically, I will be offline for a few days starting from Monday.
      Bye for now, and keep your fingers crossed for me that whatever is wrong with my laptop gets fixed.
    • 6 minutes of facepalm...
      By Untitled__Name
      I know most American citizens aren't like this, but the amount of facepalm almost led to the destruction of my pc...

• Qi Accents
      By redhand
      Recently on Teamspeak we've been talking about accents so I thought I'd share this with you guys and gals.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y960PIOJtw&feature=g-vrec
    • Adam55572
      By thechalkboy
      Hey, I make YouTube video's about pretty much everything
      I would really appreciate it if you had a look
      If you like subscribe
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Adam55572
      I also make Minecraft videos with one of my friends
      http://www.youtube.com/user/spybots1000
      Thank you if you checked them out
      Thank you more if you subscribe