Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

1.3 Update

31 posts in this topic

As with previous versions, If you wish to keep playing on the server, we recommend not updating immediately as the server will take some time due to plugins and bukkit needing to be updated by their creators. This could span over 1-2 weeks depending how long it takes them to keep up.

As such, we recommend trying to use a method to run multiple installs of Minecraft to work around this. You will find tutorials on doing so by using the search either on the forum here, or even a quick google search.

1.3 WILL be Epic, so I can understand people wanting to upgrade, just note if you do, you will not be able to play on our servers immediately.

7 people like this

I was going to say they should start updating with the pre-releases and stuff.

And when the actual update come out, it'd take less time. :o

1.soooo if i do upgrade immilitly i wont be able to play on ALL the server. 2 can i still play on the servers but nowuse the ned items and ent.?

Magic launcher works for me now

I run current version 1.2.5 and also running the 1.3 preview

You can run multiple minecraft.jar files, so i guess just getting a copy of the .jar file for 1.2.5 on a separate folder other than the bin folder and the update version where it should be

PS: u can also have different mods for each .jar file

Hope this can help

What about the map? Will it be a new one, or continuous?

the map normally stays as it is, but I can only speak for the public server there, I'm not to sure whats happening with the ldshadowlady one.

btw me and some other players are hosting a 1.3 party on the 1st of August when it comes out!

make sure there at 6:00pm

the reason i cant host it when the server goes to 1.3 is because on the 5th of August i go on holiday for 2 weeks

and the server may update during that time

anyway see you at the party :)

be at least online an hour before the party starts (so i can tp you to it)

on which server and at what time(time zone)

we have been talking about the server all this time

I GUESS (keyword: GUESS) most the network servers will be updated at the same time (maybe the tekkit server will come later, because it automatically stops updating the server and the client) when all the plugins in use get updated or replaced

The problem with updating is that the plugins are outdated and will not work. That means that the towns plugin, the plots plugin, the money plugin, the shop plugin, that's not 1.3 ready yet, that's why we can't update

I can't wait for everything to be up and ready! Exciting. :)

Following the Bukkit development, people have been testing the new dev versions and it's going very well, plugins are kinda working and it needs just a bit more optimization and some bug fixing. If I were to guess, maybe on the end of this week we might have a beta build or even the Recommended build ready

Changed plans cos every 1 was looking at the update on August first i moved it to the 20th August (after i come back from holiday)

hopefully then the server would have been updated

Party Info:

what: a party

where: In the party room underground (you will be teleported there on the day)

why: to celebrate 1.3

time: 7:00pm UK time zone

if you cant make it to the party because you are in a different time zone

I would be happy for people to volunteer to host a second party in your time zone

to volunteer

(for the other time zone)

- Bar person

- main host

- seperate host

- a person to be in charge of the minecart rides

- a person to be in charge of the archery

Darkriaxe just follow gil's daily broadcast, thats what im doing

Yeah, those were the words I was looking for... The wonders of not being a native English speaker

Due to bukkit needing a little longer to get 1.3 going (Fully understandable) we have setup a temporary 1.3 server for all users to play on. It is fully vanilla;

13.ABGN.NET