Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Another Server Reset?!

Server Reset   59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the server reset?

• Yes, Reset the Server!
    • No, I dont want to start over!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

71 posts in this topic

Ok... so people have been messaging me non-stop asking about resetting the server because they are running out of things to do.

Is this the case? Do you agree?

I am submitting this poll to the general use community of the server to decide and will leave it up for a while to get as much wide spread feedback as possible. I am happy to comply with what you, the members, want to do here. We have built mazes and race tracks etc (Which would be moved over to the new world)

The new concept with Towny will be that users will start with enough money to invest into starting a new Town (Free) plus 3 expansions to allow a 2x2 set of plots to be purchased unless you choose to spend the money elsewhere. This will allow everyone to protect their builds alot quicker and easier, hopefully reducing griefing substantially.

The spawn books will make a comeback but the rules will have a 'tutorial version' (Much like the current one) and a 'comprehensive' version that will be a listed set of rules on the server.

A command book will be constructed better than last time, hopefully more comprehensive as well, making it again easier on players to have a reference. All players will spawn for the first time with one of each of the aforementioned books.

For:

- New Map (New Exploration!! WOooooooOOooo)

- Major Griefing rollback (All for now lol)

- New Cities (Including Massalia possibly coming across)

- More shops from the very start including gems and general materials with better pricing structure.

- Starting Money for new players set higher than current.

- LDShadowlady Statues will play a better role in the new spawn

- We hope to integrate some work from out old public server into this new server if it works out, crossing old with new.

- If we can get a hold of it, a copy of Lizzies single player house *may* be made available for touring.

Against:

- All the work you have done will be gone.

- All inventories and money will be reset.

- All Towns gone!

Please remember to leave your feedback/discussion below, flame wars as usual wont be tolerated.

I cannot stress enough, much like the last time, the decision will be made by the member base. We understand the effort that people put into their builds, and don't like forcing people to lose all their work. It is not something that we enjoy doing.

Let me stipulate that the reason we have posted this reset poll, is that people are complaining that they have run out of things to do and build. I have received many messages asking to do this for a while, but again I am always hesitant to do this, especially given the server has been reset on average every 3 months since the server begun. I have attempted to extend the life of this one by expanding the region further and further, but there is only so much people can build I guess.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT 1:

We have begun work on a new world just in case the reset goes ahead. This will allow the transition to be quick.

We have also added a stipulation that if we reset the server, no less than 6 months may pass before another reset can be voted on. Every 3-4 Months is too often and is frustrating many members. This is not an optional stipulation.

EDIT 2:

It has been decided that the decision will be mid to late February, until then everything operates as normal. In order to pass a reset vote, the YES votes must lead by an unspecified amount whose value represents that the community has a real majority towards the reset.

Edited by Tarquin
Added EDIT 2

2 people like this

I dont find it that bad i think it would be good but its gonna be a pain to make everyting u had again.

1 person likes this

I would say yes, because I feel like the map right now is very cramped and because i would like to start over with a new town, but don't want to lose everything I've found over the last few days :c

So I'm kinda Half and Half on this, But if it happens it happens.

Plus the Hot air balloons I've spent a few hours on, it would suck to see those go :c

As long as shops get fixed, I'm cool with it. There is really no way to keep the money or inventory? Keeping the player files doesn't work?

in my opinion, no, because we lose all the things we build, so everything and all the time i spend in the server is for nothing, and of course i dont like to spend time for nothing, if server will be reset i will not play in the server again.

tsukrazy

1 person likes this

in my opinion, no, because we lose all the things we build, so everything and all the time i spend in the server is for nothing, and of course i dont like to spend time for nothing, if server will be reset i will not play in the server again.

tsukrazy

Well I hope that if the users decide to make this move, you dont make such a quick decision as to abandon us, we try to make the next server bigger and better when we do this.

2 people like this

IDK It feels like we just reset the server XD

But yea im getting kinda bored and i think it will be nice to explore more.

Oh and i like the whole Tour Lizzies house thing That seems cool :3

Sadly I have come to realize by now, that once people begin to want the map reset it happens..About every three months. Generally through the past 3 maps, we are told things will be better, nicer, bigger, better. The reality of the situation is far from that, The abyssal's and Tarquin have great plans for the server, but their ambitions are far too big for the few of to try and handle every time the map is reset. Stop and think for a second before you vote, either way it could be good or bad. Just think for a minute though, provide Tarquin and the abyssal's more time on this server to improve it rather then erase their progress towards making it better. It would be a lot easier for them to just fix the current problems, then it would for them to have to redo everything for a fourth time. I've been with the server since the beginning I will likely be with it till the end. I don't really like the resets, but I continue to play and enjoy this server. It's unlikely I will leave due to a reset (sorry you're stuck with me) because by now I know it's to be expected to have a new map every three months because people get bored..People that will continue to BE bored even with a new map, people who cause problems, whine and complain, cause problems. I have seen this time and time again, a reset will NOT make people less bored, the same people who are complaining now, will continue to complain the next map and the map after that. I guarantee it, give them two weeks max and they be bored again. So, while they continue to be bored people who had spent hours upon hours collecting resources, building, expanding will have to start all over. There are plenty of people who like this server so much that, it wouldn't matter how often it was reset, I for one would count myself as one of those people. I have sacrificed hundreds and hundreds of hours on this server, and there will likely be hundreds more despite my strong feelings towards losing ALL that progress, but I guess after all it's just a game, a way to relax, have fun, escape the stresses of real life.

I'm not trying to convince you all one way or the other, but before you make a decision do make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Are you REALLY that bored? How would a map reset fix that.. I honestly have never understood that concept. Why not just go..into the wilderness, disband your town, give away all your items, start fresh that way. It's exactly the same as a map reset, except you wouldn't be effecting people who aren't bored, who aren't done building, who won't be done building for a very long time. There are PLENTY of unsettled places on the server still, tons of resources still in tact. If you feel cramped, try to get the map expanded some more, if you want more shops try to get more shops established. Surprisingly Tarquin will do anything provided enough support for the change. He just wants to see the majority, or at least enough to make it clear it needs to be done, before he does something like that.

There are plenty of ways to resolve this problem besides restarting every 3 months...Or am I really missing something here? Starting fresh by yourself, would give you the same results as a map reset and would make a lot of people very happy. I get that the map may be a little cramped, what I don't get is how a reset will fix that..It's only a matter of time before people start to build and expand, I'd give it a month on a fresh map for it to be cramped again. Meaning a reset won't resolve that problem. A map expansion will however fix the cramped problem, and is a lot easier and painless then a reset. More shops can be added easily, all that needs to be done is for people to show an interest in them.

Please consider all I said before you vote towards a reset!...It doesn't have to be soo drastic!

-Love SED1-

Alternatively,

People that want reset can be reset, Tarquin can rollback anyone and anything.

For those who truly want to start fresh, there is a second option.

OR

People get to keep an inventory of items, all else can be reset. I would go along with the reset if we could keep inventory's.

IF people REALLY want to start fresh they can decline the offer to keep items, by simply placing everything in chests before the reset.

This would make almost everyone happy, people who want a reset get a reset, people who don't want a reset will be satisfied with the fact they don't have to start over completely.

6 people like this

I don't mind loosing everything since I've gone through that twice and its not really that hard to get back to where I was in previous maps material wise. I do want a restart. Its hard to explain but this map was not as pleasant or fun as the LDshadowlady server 2nd map. That map seemed more fun and promising. I would like if Massalia remains and also maybe bring back Arcania and Argenta (Damn....I forget if the name was like that). On top of that it if we do get a restart I hope that we can have a cool ending to the 3rd map like another apocolypse =P And if the next map has cash machines for timing that would be cool, just in a way where maybe people don't afk in them?

Well I hope that if the users decide to make this move, you dont make such a quick decision as to abandon us, we try to make the next server bigger and better when we do this.

i know you guys have good intentions to make the server bether, but i get sad, i make my house with love and patience, and just starting growing up in the server, and maybe now everything will make poof :S

1 person likes this

No, not yet. It won't resolve much, like SED said. if people are bored from the map just do a pause. you won't get any happier with a server reset, why? if the server resets not only you lose everything but you will have to collect everything again, (isnt that even more boring) ? with a server reset you will be able to explore; well you can still explore, there is alot to explore and mining to do trust me. don't like the landscape for some reason? make it yours, modify it. With a server reset you have to think that despite this being a very fun game and you know, relaxing too, you are destroying hours of work done by others, making me and them sad and not wanting to come back. Not against a reset though, if the map gets too complex and tight which is not yet the case (and still has alot of time till that happens), a reset would be good.

1 person likes this

yeah, I'm gonna vote for reset.

From all the structures i've seen, most of it can be rebuild in a week of consentrated work if the town people help each other.

It's a game, about mining and building, thus Minecraft. If people find the mining part boring, that is the biggest part of the game, than maybe the game isn't for them, or they need a creative server :/

1 person likes this

I would really hate my month of work to be gone . I build my town all by my self . I found and place every block ,hunted ,and transported animals across the map to my home away from home in my peaceful town. If we do have a reset then all of my hours and work I spend building would be gone I hate seeing all my effort to be erase without a trace.

I admit i would like a reset because of all the geift and collected all the good resources close to my town but i don't want to lose all the stuff i collected and made spending hours of pain staking work to make. This Reset will majorly effect the player who been on this server for awhile and made so many beautiful creations in this map .those who are new wouldn't be effected as much because they haven't spend tireless hours of collecting and building up there own place they call home. a lot of people who been building in this server have many strong feeling towards there creations and I think if the reset was gonna proceed a lot of older player would quit because a reset is just like joining a new server why would people come back after they lost everything they gathered.

Bored is part of our human nature humans will always get bored of old things that why we always try to kill our bored with new task to keep our minds busy so the excuse of people saying there bored of the old map would say the same thing after few weeks of playing on the new map . I don't see why we need to destroy all that we created why not expand or modify what we have now it will take less work then starting from scratch.

so what I choose is not to reset the map I don't wanna lose all that i created just because people are bored of the old. If the map reset I think ill just join another server because i bet this is not gonna be the only time we are gonna reset the map it just gonna be reset over and over and the hour and hours of work I and many player have put into would be gone. tarquin said that we able to at least keep a player inventory a items before we reset but i think that to small amount of items we can keep with us before the reset specially all the time people spend gathering all the materials and animals they collected for there own place.

So Plz Decide Carefully guys not just u will be effected by this reset. Think carefully before you guys vote for the reset.

i personal hate it when people only think about them without thinking about others.

2 people like this

I built a sort of "huge" place with one of my friends, basically three towers connected on three mountains with walls between each other, but we are not done yet - and I would be very sad to see this go away.

1 person likes this

Just saying it again for visibility: Doesn't keep the player files work to keep inventory? That way we don't need lockers, just make a time capsule thing (Just a iron door room in spawn) that people enter and then get trapped until the server reset. Put the time capsule in the coordinates of the new map spawn on the old map. That way the player files will spawn the people who logged out in the capsule at the new spawn.

BTW, just one capsule. When people enter the capsule, they should log off.

1 person likes this

What is the point of starting over if you can keep everything? If we just want to "build more stuff" we can expand the map with a few hundred blocks. If we dont like the bad places people have built we can remove them.

Just an incentive to make people accept the reset. Also, people who enter the capsule get moved to a new group, the "frozen" or something. Makes a list of people to keep files from and makes them not able to use commands to teleport.

Well i really love my town and my house. it's amazing, and i put so much hours and work into it. now it seems it pointless to get on if its resetting.

can we have at least an updated save file to add to our minecraft as a singleplayer world so we have our stuff we worked hard on so it just doesnt delete with no trace?

and also, can you possibly think about (if itts possible) at least carrying over peoples ender chest inventory?

1 person likes this

in my honest opinion i feel that there shouldnt be another reset, i just started playing a couple weeks ago and have everything the way i wanted... i would hate to have to start over and be like a newbie again when i still kinda am. i am not bored with the server. if people are bored they could find another server or just keep playing on the LDShadowlady server. please dont reset the map, i would be devestated to lose everything i have earned.

1 person likes this