Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Dolcinea

Obtaining Essences

2 posts in this topic

Many people on the server have been asking on how to obtain and use the essences. Even if I (Or any of the other people who actually know what essences are or how to use them), answer their questions, I guess some of them still don't really or fully understand it and I am tired of repeating myself. 

I do not know if I am aloud to tell on how to obtain these essences, but if I am not aloud just tell me immediately. I am not going to give full descriptions about the essences but just little hints and parts that will probably help people understand.

1. Essence of Earth 

This is probably the first essence that a new person will stumble upon and is also the start of actually using essences and getting others. 

• To obtain Essence of Earth, you must mine stone. Just remember it might take a while, you wont get one every block you break. 
  • You can use Essences of Earth to make Hearthstone, Liferender Swords and other tools. 

2 - 3. Essence of Life and Undeath

The only way to obtain Essence of Life and undeath, is to create a Liferender Sword (Recipe Here) - http://forum.abyssalgaming.com/topic/8718-essence-recipes/

Either out of Iron, Gold or Diamond. (I recommend using Iron) 

You can use Life and undeath Essence for creating Soul Pearls (Also in the link). You obtain Life by killing a living creature (Pigs, chickens, cows) and Undeath from well...undead things (Zombies and Skeletons) 

Endermen actually drop Life essence when killed with Life render. 

4. Essence of Water

This would be an easy one, because of the Snow World on the server. 

• To obtain essence of water, you must break ice. Just like Earth Essence it might take time. 
  • You can make packed ice out of Water Essence

5. Essence of Air

You can get Essence of Air by killing the Inferno Bats in the nether. You must be careful when you try to slay them, because they can set you on fire. 

• Essence of Air would be useful on helping you obtain Essence of Darkness. (By making the Forceful Pickaxe)

6. Essence of Fire

You will find Essence of Fire only in the nether.

• Just like Essence of Earth, to obtain Fire Essence you must mine netherrack. It will also take some time. 
  • With Essence of Fire, you can create Smoldering Picks and Shovels, that will smelt ores, cobblestone, netherrack, sand and clay when broken. 
  • Also, with the new End Tiers added, Essence of Fire (Primal Fire) can be used to make Obsidian Ingots

7. Essence of Chaos

To be completely honest, I am not 100% sure on where to get this Essence, but I do believe you obtain it by mining Endstone. Remember I may be wrong with this one.

8. Essence of Darkness

For this one, you MUST use the forceful pick. Recipe in the link above. 

• To obtain Essence of Darkness, you must use a forceful pick to break Bedrock. As you all know, there is a void after breaking all the layers of Bedrock BUT the pick only breaks the first layer. 

9. Essence of Light

Another main Essence found in the Nether only. 

• To obtain Essence of Light, you will have to break glowstone. 
  • You can create Lightstone with it (But I do belive that Lightstone is currently Disabled) 

If you click the link above under the Life and Undeath Essence part, it will take you to a page where all the recipes are at. I hope that this helped all of you in finding these Essences. Have fun using them, because I am. (You have no Idea)

As helpful as this seems, I think the original post about essences is self explanatory, the people in the server who ask about it usually refuse to even glance at the forums.