Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Public Server - Next Stage

25 posts in this topic

As many know, Bukkit still has not updated to a stable version, however we have many of the plugins running in a decent state on the server. As part of the final testing I will test WorldGuard and other security essentials ready for final release.

Final release will require users who want to continue to play on the server to agree to a set of rules and quote the passcode to me directly via PM saying they agree. This is to prevent griefing, anyone breaking the rules will be, within the first 2 weeks of the stable server going online, banned permanently. After the first 2 weeks we will resume normal operations as before 1.7.3 went down, this means warns and jail time before a ban. Why are we being so strict? To reinforce that the real server is NOT a griefing zone. It will not be tolerated as it has now.

1. I will not be rude to moderators or admins.

2. I will not be rude to general members and attempt to ruin their enjoyment of the game by attacking them personally in game.

3. I will no grief or steal others items or attempt to kill them while they are trying to build.

4. I agree that theft or griefing may result in a ban for myself.

5. I agree to any future rules posted up in the server forum or on the server itself.

These rules and possibly more will be reposted and you will be asked to agree to them. At that stage is when the whitelist will be enforced for a couple of weeks.

UPDATE:

The server has been updated with almost all intended plugins. It should now be usable, for security reasons we are remaining in test mode to ensure that it works. Assuming mods dont starting failing, this WILL be the world we stay on. If this is not the case, then we may have to do a final update soon.

PLEASE REPORT BUGS TO ME DIRECTLY

I so agree!

I do have a suggestion, Maybe for extra emphasis on the point you should add the whole "Bugging people about being in Survival Time/in a 2g1mc video" as a server rule? xP Then you can rightly not only reject them but jail them.

Nope, thats a general rule which gets you banned from all 2G1M resources if you are a repeat offender. I have covered this in a seperate topic.

That's more than good enough then ^^ I did read the but it didn't say anything about bannings which inspired my suggestion.

Oh, Pr0 asked this in the LS and I don't know if it was answered or not, When will this take effect as in the white-list and needing to PMs you. I'm sure you'll make an announcement when it's time, but like within the weekish or just whenever you're satisfied with your testing the security essentials.

good choice of rules, but i got questions about the server itself: what plugins will be there on final?

Rules are fair and good. Is the map going to be reset or will it be the same as before.

good choice of rules, but i got questions about the server itself: what plugins will be there on final?

When the server is up just type /pl and it will give you a list.

Is the permanent map going to be a reset, fresh world?

2 people like this

Tarquin, can you give me permissions for Goldshire again? :wacko: Thanks!

1 person likes this

Is there any plan to update the server to 1.1 or above (later) as of now?

As soon as the required plugins update, Tarquin can take it into consideration. Until then, just wait or play on 1.0