Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

EA, named America's worst company

11 posts in this topic

EA, named America's worst company, tries to make amends

In an apparent biteback at EA's inconclusive ending to Mass Effect 3, voters at Consumerist declare that Electronic Arts is even worse than Bank of America. The company promises to release a new version of the game.

mass.png (Credit: Screenshot: Chris Matyszczyk/CNET)

Can Electronic Arts possibly be a worst company than, say, Bank Of America? Can it possibly offer more troubling customer service than even Facebook?

It seems that, in more than a few eyes, it can. For it has just been voted by readers of Consumerist as America's worst company. Yes, the worst. The very worst. The most irredeemably awful company of all.

The Hollywood Reporter tells me that some people were rather upset that Mass Effect 3 had a rather less satisfying ending than "The Sopranos." In conclusion, the customers stopped believing.

Gamers, just like any other fraternity of the disturbed human race, want finality. They want to know what happened for sure. Instead, EA was accused of, alas, "disrespect."

The effect of players' choices was diminished. Vast tranches of elements were simply blown up. Gamera were tearing their very long hair out. So much so that the New York Daily News reported that EA has now promised to tweak the game's ending in a free "Extended Cut" version.

This was, however, too late to mollify the hordes. They went to Consumerist and eked out their red mist with mass effect.

Consumerist, in announcing this award, expressed these feelings bluntly: "Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank."

This is philosophy of many layers. At heart, no one really expects banks, cell phone companies, or Wal-Mart to be repositories of human grace.

Consumerist explained further: "There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date."

Which is even worse, it seems, than charging someone $5 to access their own money.

Some might find it disturbing that EA doesn't seem too disturbed. Its spokesman, John Reseburg, told the Hollywood Reporter: "We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

I am not sure the word "continue" was the most felicitous choice possibly.

This vote, you see, wasn't close. In the two-horse final against Bank of America, EA secured 64.03 percent of the vote. Other tech companies did do rather well in this competition. AT&T, Facebook, Comcast, PayPal and Ticketmaster all made the Elite Hate -- I mean, Eight.

The banks will surely have to step up their gouging, fee fleecing and non-communicating in order to regain such a coveted crown.

Source: http://news.cnet.com...to-make-amends/

EA have been getting crapper and crapper for a while now, and I mean, after they said they supported sopa, a lot of people began to hate them.

The shop game, in britain has just lost the rights to ea due to them being to expensive, but now the shop is under administration, EA should be voted worst company. because EA maybe is the worst company.

Though I never played mass effect (any of them) I know how many of my fellow members where enraged about it. EA needs to get their shit together again.

post-91-6378_thumb.jpg

I haven't really been following them. The sims games don't seem that bad, but they were made years ago, and apparently it's been getting worse. So perhaps they should just go back to the basics? Start a new and than carefully tread a new path?

I play Fifa which is made by EA sports and it has a S**T support. Me and my friends teams have been hacked in the past and they do nothing they are rubbish.

I dont think i could agree with this more!

EA YOU SUCK

(End of rant).

I hate the fact that with EA games you have to have the Online pass.

So if you didn't get a new copy, you have to pay extra to play online.

Also, if you playing ME3 from the beginning like I did. You would be upset that the hard work you put into 1 and 2 have almost no effect to the outcome againts the reapers.

They dumbed down the gameplay to accompany the simple minded players who couldn't handle a complex Armory system and Leveling system. (It wasn't that complex to begin with) Now, you can blast your way through the game no problem. The highest difficulty, Insanity, feels like the normal difficulty in Mass Effect 1.

I won't spoil the ending, but I wasn't as upset as the average player. I was only upset that the ending did just that, it ended. There was no epilogue. Straight to credits. The new dlc Extended cut whatever is what I wanted.

EA America's worst company, no not really... they're bad, but there are companies way worse.

Thats my 2 cents.

*more like a couple bucks watever...

earlier years nexon have been voted as worst company.

and theyr trying to buy EA :)

1 person likes this

• Similar Content

• Hizaphel_'s Construction Company
      By hizaphel_
      hello this is hizaphel head of hizaphel construction if u need something built then msg me in game price depends on size.
    • Valve Confirms Hardware Development
      By SpitefulBatman
      A job listing on Valve’s site confirms that the company will begin developing hardware. A listing for an industrial designer says “Valve is traditionally a software company. Open platforms like the PC and Mac are important to us, as they enable us and our partners to have a robust and direct relationship with customers. We’re frustrated by the lack of innovation in the computer hardware space though, so we’re jumping in.”
      The post continues, adding that Valve is interested in creating new user experiences. “Even basic input, the keyboard and mouse, haven’t really changed in any meaningful way over the years,” it says. “There’s a real void in the marketplace, and opportunities to create compelling user experiences are being overlooked.”
      The post specifies that the position will add “expertise in product design and manufacturing, ergonomics, usability, aesthetics, and surfacing.” Candidates are also expected to have “6+ years of professional experience shipping world-class, high-tech hardware products” and “a thorough understanding of product design principles.”

Speculation about Valve’s entry into the hardware market has been flying since March, when rumors suggested Valve was working on a Steam Box console. Valve later debunked the rumors, commenting that the world is “a long way from Valve shipping out any sort of hardware.” Later, a listing for an electronics engineer to work on "platform hardware" emerged, as well as a blog post discussing wearable computing.
      Source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/09/03/valve-confirms-hardware-development?utm_source=Monday%20newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9.5%20Dynamic%20Newsletter_NO%20FNAME_7087_348286_348336&utm_content=15561322