Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

New Year, New Server?

42 posts in this topic

Ok so this is not a formal vote, but I have people asking about a server reset again, and the promise was minimum 6 months between resets, and its been about 7. As many know I havent had time to get on and play like I used to, just official agenda kinda stuff here and there.

As such Mickket has been promoted to the Server Admin in my stead and he takes care of the plugins / upgrades / etc.

So what is the rough feeling?

I have decided that if we do a vote, there would be a similar vote as last time, except you will be given multiple options to vote for including;

Reset or not? (Duh)

Use towny or an alternate plugin?

If towny, Taxes or not?

If yes, what are the rates?

What kind of activities you would want to see at server launch

What kind of plugins would you like to see included in the new server?

(Dont answer these today, this is just to show that we want to give you more customization on the server than ever!)

It is a busy couple of months for us gamers, I have a PS4 and Xbox One both on the way along with plenty of games, I am finishing batman and still want to play more BattleField 4. In additional to all this WoW is about to release another expansion and I still have content to finish, as do others.

We only want to begin working on such a massive undertaking, which would obviously dig into our typical gaming time, if the community as a whole can agree on a direction.

So unofficially, what are your thoughts on the subject?

Okay so here goes my vote (or are they votes as in plural?)

NO RESET

Keep using towny

No Taxes

Nothing really needs improvements, besides some new plugins and etc.

I'd like to see a better store plugin that has more than just Dirt, Cobble, and grass blocks. I want to see a plugin where it accepts all blocks not just a few blocks like it is now. I want to see a store that sells more precious things like Iron, or gold, but not Diamonds. A shop with diamonds would takeaway from the Minecraft experience.

Anyways, that is my vote (or votes)

P.S. I hope that all made sense. And I hope it's not too much to ask for.

This is less of a vote and more of a discussion, I want to read your thoughts and ideas about how to go ahead, I dont want users to think we are making decisions based on a few people or just the staffs opinions. Please ask users on the server to come here and leave their opinions as well, we want to make a fun and active server that you can be proud to be apart of.

you mean like linking together the creative server (and skyblock) with ld? that would be awesome, if and only if, chat would be separate for what was the ld world and the creative/skyblock/ minigame server. 

I really would like to see towny stay and taxes about the same but i think that we should have the farther from spawn the harder the mobs. Like the mod eternal mobs i think its called. I would rather not a reset but if we do i really would like 1.7.2 and plugins to be working perfect first. Also i think the area when new players come on should have more information and maybe like a quiz like the previous map had so they would have to actually read the rules. Also if we do reset i think more shops would be nice. But shops selling not buying items. I would like to see areas around the map like mickkets fortress in the nether where mobs are tougher. Just a little something to add a little danger and fun to the people that dare also these areas should be world guarded to prevent towny claiming it or protected in some way from people. Kinda like a mob arena. I also think we need new hidden shops in the new map if we reset. Its fun to search for them and adds a little more challenge for people.

I know this is supposed to be a discussion...  But I do things wrong all the time so, 

Here's my vote:

Reset or not? (Duh)
Sure, why not?   :P
Use Towny or an alternate plugin?
Well, I don't even know what Towny is, so I guess keep Towny.  \(._. )/
If Towny, Taxes or not?
If Taxes is what makes me lose $0.50 upon dying, then I would like to see it gone.  ;P
If yes, what are the rates?
N/A
What kind of activities you would want to see at server launch.
I'm not really sure.
What kind of plugins would you like to see included in the new server?
I've already made a post about this, I'd like to see the Health Bar plugin.  A link to my post here: http://forum.abyssalgaming.com/topic/7008-health-bar/

And if there are still going to be those huge trees that take oh-so-long to take down..  Please!:  http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/choptree2/  (or at least one similar)

Following up on Classy's Statment,

I was thinking instead of reseting why don't you just just have a portal at spawn that takes you to a different part of the server that has not yet been generated. and make the portal active in 1.7.2 so land is generated to 1.7.2. I think this is fair because users who don't want the reset can still have there home's and users who want the reset can use the portal and go to the newly generated

1.7.2 terrain so everyone wins! :D

And you may be thinking yes but what about when the next reset after that and then after that filling spawn with endless portals to random spots on the server. If this fails then just extend the world boarder by 2-5k blocks so the 1.7.2 terrain can still generate but in the same plot (and you could have a portal at spawn that warps you to the 1.7.2 terain border)

~Just my suggestion

c'mon at least one of these have to work I personally like the first 1 because it alows both people who want 1.7.2 and still want there old homes.

other than that I dont want tax's to be fully removed (because that would remove the challenge)

but less money per plot to keep (like 5$ instead of $10 per plot)

What I want to see on launch

Edit~ I think we should chnage spawn entierly and change it to something Unquie and Original <What are you talking about?> I am talking about not having a standerd spawn (tho the custom terrain is really nice) I mean On ever single server i have seen It is always a spawn at surface. on some occasions it is a floating island spawn but I dont see that on SMP servers mainly minigame servers. Have a twisted broken spawn

that doesn'thave to look so "Formal" all the time. like have a massive crack in the earth through spawn with lava at the bottom to make it look like Continetal Drift. (with glass on the top to stop players falling into the cracks) or part of spawn hit by a Meteor (could have a secret shop in the meteor) or something super natural like part of spawn's castle tower fell off and landed in front of the castle. Basically something not too "Formal" And boring where everthing is always straight and neat (because thats how server spawns have always been like for years) I will be editing this Post on Saturday 16th november with a link to a spawn i would have created to give you an idea of what I am on about. you can use it if you want, build apon it or start from scratch with that sort of idea :D Hope you like my suggestion.

In my honest opinion a reset is good, but maybe you should consider making a Vault, like some servers do when they reset, where people can put stuff they don't want to lose in two or three double chests. I just got back on feet after losing my house and most of my gear. i'd like to keep my stuff and if the reset happens and lose it all of it, i may never return to the server, but if there were a vault where i can put my diamonds and whatnot i would be just fine with the reset. Also Towny can stay or go i wouldn't really mind.

1 person likes this

I myself don't mind having the sever reset it will be fun to be able to create new builds , but at the same time I don't want all of our hard work to go to waste so if the sever resets I'll be happy and if it doesn't that's fine too. I'm hoping that the sever can update to 1.7.2 and we should keep towny and try without taxes. I think that whatever happens with the sever is what's best. I really like the sever so no matter what I'll still play on it.

Please no server reset. I want plugins and mods on THIS server. NOT a new one. But here are some plugins/mods I would like.

• Tping Horses
  • More foods
  • Unbreakable Leads
  • Jammy's Furniture Mod
  • Mo' Creatures
  • Saddles and name tags can be crafted.

Saddles formula:

leather leather leather

leather  string   leather

iron                  iron

Name tags formula:

paper paper paper

paper book  paper

string

Following up on Classy's Statment,

I was thinking instead of reseting why don't you just just have a portal at spawn that takes you to a different part of the server that has not yet been generated. and make the portal active in 1.7.2 so land is generated to 1.7.2. I think this is fair because users who don't want the reset can still have there home's and users who want the reset can use the portal and go to the newly generated

1.7.2 terrain so everyone wins! :D

Following, but bending, this thought a little...  I think it would be REALLY cool to have a North, East, South, West portal that lead to those sides (or a Northeast, Southwest, etc. to go to corners: I'd prefer this).  I don't really know how to explain it, but it'd be cool.  (:

Pros:

- Tele to a far from spawn clean slate (at least on reset).

- Eliminate walking miles and miles to find somewhere nice to build.

Cons:

- Could almost obliterate "Greefer Traps.  I.E.  Pre-built building near spawn that are checked on for greefing.  (Yes, I say "Greefing".  Easier for me to type   :P)

We use a custom biome generator, so new 1.7 terrain is not going to generate with or without expansion.

hmm ok do you think you can do the same thing as above ^^ with the portal but instead takes you to a different map on a different Abyssal Gaming server? with the default 1.7.2 generator? Mini game servers use this method to warp from server to server within a server.

btw you want to be a unique server out of all the rest and no offence intended but I think it's time for new pose statues (the 2 LDshadowlady statues at spawn are just her standing) I went and revamped the one with the sword ---->Download<---- you can use it if you want. it is in a schematic (you will need MCEdit to place it in)

hmm ok do you think you can do the same thing as above ^^ with the portal but instead takes you to a different map on a different Abyssal Gaming server? with the default 1.7.2 generator? Mini game servers use this method to warp from server to server within a server.

btw you want to be a unique server out of all the rest and no offence intended but I think it's time for new pose statues (the 2 LDshadowlady statues at spawn are just her standing) I went and revamped the one with the sword ---->Download<---- you can use it if you want. it is in a schematic (you will need MCEdit to place it in)

WorldEdit. Just saying.

Again I must reiterate I am not looking for VOTES I am looking for opinions and discussion as to what would be better and WHY.

This is your guys' server and as such I want you to feel like you are in somewhat control. If we reset, it will be amazing, we always try to one up our last attempts, but there are also downsides that many have experienced already. Please be sure of your ideas and properly express them rather than saying 'I want a reset' and 'I don't want a reset'