Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
MAR

Be afraid!

9 posts in this topic

Because it would effect everyone, nearly all internet companies are based in the US. Also, this is no longer relevent, the new one to keep an eye on is SOPA.

Google disapproves of it. Ain't gonna happen.

It's not even the first proposed law that's had a chance of "killing the internet."

It's certainly worth raising your voice against though, were such a law to be passed it would even effect Fab, as in the worst case (which is often not reality) services like You-tube would cease to exist.

I'm not that worried though, It's just not going to happen, and if it does, the effects will cause it to be removed pretty fast.

Gil, it's more then just Google that doesn't want it.

It's not even the first proposed law that's had a chance of "killing the internet."

It's certainly worth raising your voice against though, were such a law to be passed it would even effect Fab, as in the worst case (which is often not reality) services like You-tube would cease to exist.

I'm not that worried though, It's just not going to happen, and if it does, the effects will cause it to be removed pretty fast.

I don't know there are a lot of stupid people out there. The fact that this bill was made in the first place is proof of that. I've been signing petitions left and right but I have a feeling that it might happen. I'm hoping that hackers will be able to make enough bypasses to make things a little easier if it does...

Thousands of sites and services that we love and use every day can and WILL be taken down if SOPA goes through.

Google will be crippled because of it. YouTube will be wiped CLEAN of quality videos, if not completely wiped off the Internet map. Facebook will be gone. Not just wiped clean, gone. Yahoo will be completely gone. Firefox will no longer exist. Biggest thing that CAN and WILL affect people on 2 Girls 1 MInecraft? 2 GIRLS 1 MINECRAFT WILL CEASE TO EXIST.

It may sound like we're overreacting. We're not. Seriously, guys. This has the power to remove 2G1M from the face of the internet. Sure the girls can post the videos here on the website (hosted in Aussie Land). But there's more! The website would then be in danger of being COMPLETELY removed without any warning at all!

Like the guy in the video Chris linked said, this bill will affect the world if it goes through.