Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Server Reset Part 2

11 posts in this topic

The other topic, which is a poll, will come to a close in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I will stipulate what will happen given each outcome.

If the Server Reset is voted as YES:

• New Clean World (DuH)
  • We will build new main cities to explore with new hidden areas and secret shops (Which at the start will be open and closed the same as last time)
  • Tarquins Trade Shop will be open for business for the first few weeks intermittently (Mainly on weekends)
  • Towny Changes
    • Starting a town is FREE (That is one plot of 32x32 is FREE to create)
    • Taxes will become $250.00 per day per plot. (That is, your free town will cost $250/day in upkeep)
    • Additional plots will cost $2250 to purchase.
    • Nations are in consideration
    • Taxes will not begin immediately, it will be between 3-7 days before they are switched on.

• Full Permissions Re-Write
  • The Current Map will become a hardcore apocalyptic arena for the last week or so, this means zombies may tunnel towards you through walls. PVP Will be enabled, creeper explosions, etc etc.
  • We are taking SUGGESTIONS for new plugins that will add fun and new things to do on the server as well as build.
  • A Vote for if PVP Should be enabled Permanently (This must pass Lizzie's ruling as well, it is her server after all!)

If the Server Reset is voted as NO:

• Towny will remain the same as it currently is, as major changes to the system will cause issues.
  • There will be a revote in 1 months time for the same thing with he same offerings.
  • The server will have to go down for a day or so to re-write current permissions to fix bugs that are occurring with certain plugins.

Given Either Outcome we are striving to work on the lag, we have been led to believe it is a bukkit issue and are working hard behind the scenes to reduce it. Remember we have in fact invested in an SSD to ensure minimal latency for all users and block changes. We thank the Premium and VIP users, as well those who have donated using the Donate button for helping us to afford the server and upgrades. Without you, there would be no servers at all. We are striving to offer better rewards for the VIP and premiums alike!

Please Note: This is subject to change as I remember what I want to type ;) as such please check back often for the next few weeks as this topic may change your vote!

People should not be nagging about the lag. Its a public server, lag is bound to happen and when the admins are trying to fix up the server, people who nag saying lag or whatever should just shut up.

In any case thank you for the update Tarquin.

1 person likes this

People should not be nagging about the lag. Its a public server, lag is bound to happen and when the admins are trying to fix up the server, people who nag saying lag or whatever should just shut up.

We had the lag sorted when we got the solid state drive, so lag wasn't server side, but now it's most likely caused by a Bukkit issue. We have the hardware to handle the server, so we're waiting for Bukkit to take care of it on their end.

We had the lag sorted when we got the solid state drive, so lag wasn't server side, but now it's caused by a Bukkit issue. We have the hardware to handle the server, so we're waiting for Bukkit to take care of it on their end.

I know that Bosie, still people should not go nagging about lag on the server. That is disrespectful when the Admin, Mods and Abyssals are trying to figure out how to try and stop it.

1 person likes this

Add a creative/flat world?

And consider adding fly mode for donators?

Add a creative/flat world?

And consider adding fly mode for donators?

Creative server : CR.ABGN.NET

Flying is only for Abyssals and up. No exceptions

1 person likes this

i clicked this dont know wut it does...anyway i think you guys should make some cool warps and different arenas.also pvp in some places would be awesome :3 but if it was toggled all the time on the whole server....ill rage quit.

oh and how do you get that cool acheivement thingie sushi?

seems legit.

post-1824-0-60262400-1347413714.png

seems legit.

Please do not triple post...there is an edit button on the bottom of your messages. The logo thing was made when stumbled upon a site. Just search up on Google Minecraft achievement generator or something like that and you should find it. On top of that...you can pvp by toggling it in towns.

1 person likes this

Creative server : CR.ABGN.NET

Flying is only for Abyssals and up. No exceptions

I haven't been able to connect to that server for months.

PS. Someones looking for a promotion eh.

I haven't been able to connect to that server for months.

PS. Someones looking for a promotion eh.

Then ask a moderator, abyssal or administrator what is going on. I seem to be able to connect fine on to the server.

If you are talking about me wanting a promotion...I am not looking for one at the moment. I just follow the rules on the ABGN forums and if I see someone asking questions that I can answer then I will so that others do not need to use up their time to.

As hinted, flying is only for abyssals and up. No exceptions.

1 person likes this