Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Rose_Mint

Floating tree problem and possible solution?

16 posts in this topic

I'm sure that many of you, like me, have an unhealthy disliking to floating trees. Well, I was discussing it on the server with other members yesterday, and I was wondering if perhaps we could have the Timber! mod? I'll be perfectly fine if we don't get it, but I was just wondering if it were at all possible. I'm just tired of the floating trees left behind by lazy players. Accidentally missing something on a big tree's understandable, but a small tree, or even a tall spruce that just goes straight up? That's pure unexcused laziness. So, if possible, could we have this mod? For the convenience of all the players?

Trust me, I would, but that'd probably take much too much of my time. I'm here to play, not to clean up other people's messes.

I think part of a survival server is the hard work you have to put in. Using something like that would make the server only easier, which defeats the point of the survival. That's just my opinion.

I think part of a survival server is the hard work you have to put in. Using something like that would make the server only easier, which defeats the point of the survival. That's just my opinion.

Trust me, I understand your point, but there are people who don't put the work in. They don't even try sometimes.

Unfortunately it's a public server and things like that will happen. The simple solution is to remove trees that bother you. Unfortunately little annoyances can and will always happen and they can't all be removed.

Honestly, there's no way I can argue that... unless I go back to the same points again. There may be no argument I can issue after that, but I will continue to support this suggestion. I do remove the trees I see, but I can't possibly get it all, not just me as one person. In the area I live in, I have a couple of people who are lazy with trees. You can't possibly think I can get all of the trees...?

It's not your job to get all the trees nor is anyone demanding or expecting you to, we can't do much if it bothers you at a personal level. If we went on everything that irked everyone, our minecraft world would be flat with thousands of mobs and every player given millions of dollars. Haha.

You say "The simple solution is to remove trees that bother you."

No one's demanding that I do, sure, but you seem to pose this as the only solution? I'm not asking you to do everything I ask, or anyone for that matter... I just see it as a problem. A very ugly, common problem. I know for a fact that there are a lot of people who hate floating trees. I am not the only one.

I don't like floating trees either, but causing a survival server to be much easier for the sake of visual pleasantries doesn't sound like a good idea. It's certainly not fun to see one, but it isn't the end of the world. However I do believe it be damaging to a server that's advertised as a "survival" server to have a mod included in it to make things simpler and easier. It defeats the purpose of the server. If removing the trees yourself is too much, you're always welcome to offer players in-game money to remove them for you, I'm sure there would be players happy to do that for you.

I understand what you mean, but what about explosions? Creepers don't properly destroy. I understand this is to keep TNT nuts from messing stuff up, but doesn't that make the server "easier?" Doesn't having claimed land make the server "easier?" Again, another safety against griefers, but explosions are a part of the game. As for multiplayer, so are griefers.

Creepers environmental damage were disabled because they could be used as a griefing tool, and griefing as you are aware is against the rules. Using creepers also means it's next to impossible to determine who griefed if creepers are used to destroy. Towny is also a function we use to avoid griefers. Neither of these particular damage the activity of "survival" as creepers still cause player damage but not environmental (an important aspect to deter griefers). Survival servers however do not mean a player is to be feel uneasy or threatened by other players. This is a PVE type of survival and not PVP. Should you wish for a PVP+PVE server, I would recommend you look into hardcore server (which we have offered in the past). My recommendation would be that you give the Creative server a shot, it's got a good amount of land and plots you can build yourself with no fear of floating trees on your personal property.

I don't see why we should add the Mod just because a few people are getting lazy and leaving one log block in the trees, it takes like a few seconds to destroy it yourself.

I vote "NO" for the application of this Mod, honestly I think that the game isn't had enough as it is, because once you get past a certain point everything is just so easy to acquire.

Just chop those few logs out on your own if they bother you that much

DESTROY ALL FLOATING TREES! D:< I hate them .w. But installing the timber mod is unnecessairy