Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

New Year, New Server?

42 posts in this topic

I think we should reset the server, I'm kinda bored on it now and I already have everything I need, it would be cool to just start all over

time to clear it up then,

i am voting for a reset as a decent part of the world is filled with abandoned stuff and raided stuff(like i cant find any undamaged village with unharmed villagers)

I think that, once 1.7 comes out with a stable build, it would be great to have a vote on moving to a new server. However, if we do re-set the map after 1.7, it would be important to have a vote on if we keep mickket biomes, use 1.7 biomes, or see if it would be possible to do 1.7 biomes WITH the added mickket ones.

That being said, I am excited to hear about a map re-set

Oh Goody my turn! =D

First off, hi Tarquin! We miss you (or at least I do). I do however understand your desire to play next-gen games as I am getting a ps4 within the next week. With that being said a sever reset is nothing new to me and I am fully prepared to talk about suggestions to make the next one all that better!

*For starters I would love to have the option to move builds like we did last reset, maybe a decreased price on builds already saved from previous resets? Either way the feature should be incorporated into the reset plan.

*A possible Vault as some suggested, perhaps only 1 small chest to limit the amount of items. You could also charge a fee for this service as well and set rules or a list of ok/not ok items, so the items inside won't ruin the new economy. I personally think it would be grand to start off with a stack of steaks, some torches, a pickaxe or 2..ect

*A LOT more shops, one of the main reasons I keep voting yes on a reset is because every time we are promised more, bigger, better shops. I'm sorry to say, but this maps shops simply didn't compare to what I had in mind. Don't get me wrong I am happy we have at least something, I don't feel entitled to have more shops nor do I expect to have a ton. but it certainly would be great to have. At this current time we 2 Secret shops. and 4 'normal' shops with less then 6 items each. If you don't want to add too many sell shops, then don't it..It can potentially ruin the economy. For example don't have sell shops for iron or gold since those can be farmed...OR disable iron golems and pigman grinders, so you can attack the problem at the source of said problem. Like STRQ said we need to have more buy shops with decent prices, so people who want to build without having to spend hours locating resources can easily obtain the needed supplies. I have seen on this (unnamed) (I only went on it once, it wasn't LD so left after exploring their spawn setup) one server where they had this shop setup which was like a supermarket/mall, it was a 2-3 story building with nearly every item for buy or sell, the prices weren't to great for selling, but at least you had the option to sell any item for a little bit, the buy price was decent, probably 2-3 times the amount of the sell price likely to prevent too much inflation of their economy.  IF there is a reset, in January or further along in the future we need (in my opinion) more then anything, more shops..PLEASE.

*Towny, I do like the idea of having a way to protect your builds. Not sure if towny is  best. Honestly I don't know what the other options may be if any, but IF it came down to towny vs. nothing. Well towny for sure. It's not like the whole ideal behind towny is terrible, build and play with friends in a protected area with people you trust. Limiting the power of said area to one person, is alright, but what if the mayor can't be on for a few weeks. no expansion, no way to withdraw money from the bank, that you probably helped contribute to. Just small downfalls, not sure if anything can be done about those. Unlikely..

*Taxes, oh taxes..oh sweet sweet beautiful taxes.. what a bold topic to cover. One of the biggest topics within any reset is whether or not to have them and if so how high? From my experiences on the server I seen the good, bad, and ugly side of taxes. They are a good money sink to help keep the economy from being vastly inflated, and help provide people a common goal to try to achieve within the town. Whether you're working to make the daily upkeep, or trying to reach a targeted amount in he bank taxes is the main way the town interacts with each other to keep things going. Do I want taxes? Do I really care? At the end of the 'vote' will it matter if i care or not? No, I will play this server regardless of taxes. I have seen it with taxes, I have seen it without taxes. I have never really found it too difficult to maintain a decent bank to keep the town I live in up and alive. WHOEVER...With taxes enabled I have seen many many many towns fall and it kinda makes me a bit upset, all that hard work that town put in, or the people of the town. Or the people of the town who actually tried to make money for their town, but might have been the only one contributing..In a way it seems a bit unfair, but if they know how to create a town they should realize that upkeep is very important. What about those who are in a town all by themselves, but can't find time to get on for weeks at a time, and when they do i get on they find all they had worked for gone because their town fell. Again, this is not anyone's fault but their own, and is something to always foreshadow, planning ahead is the best way to stay on top I am not suggesting that taxes be disabled, but something different has to happen..I think if there are taxes, maybe disable them for the first 2-3 weeks upon server reset, that way people can have plenty of time to build up their town banks, and after that maybe make it to where any new town has 1 week before they have to start paying taxes.

*A unique idea, that probably won't work. Have no economy. Have no shops, no taxes. Let people trade items for other peoples items. I know this probably won't be supported, but it's an interesting thought at least. Let people decide what they want to sell their items for. This way the economy isn't destroyed because there simply won't be one to destroy. Only a barter system that is determined per user.

*Next, we should re-add pvp arena's and old server mazes, maybe not right away, but eventually. I would simply love to have shops out before anything else. Mainly because I don't use pvp arenas or go to the mazes often enough for it to really matter if we have them or not, but I do notice a lot of people really like going to those places, so for their sake we should re-add them. It gives them something to occupy their time with so they don't end up being bored!!

----ADDITIONAL FEATURES----

*We should have contests like we did on the previous map. Where the top 3 in that event gets some kind of award. Except this time they should be held weekly, or bi-weekly. Maybe if not by the Admins, or Abyssal..Perhaps designate a mod to run the event, each time using a different mod so they can compete when it's not their turn if they so choose to.

* Monthly or Bi-monthly cleanup crew. It's no secret that for the first 500-1000 blocks from spawn, the area gets really tore up, from resources collecting, and player builds. I know it's unjustifiable to remove someone's build just because in your opinion it looks bad, but you do have to admit it doesn't take long for the areas around spawn to become a cluttered mess. If things are abandoned then, they should be removed so somebody else can build in that place. I realize it would take A LOT of work on anyone involved with the process, but would keep the server nice and clean!

** Alternatively. Maybe make any block 500-1000 blocks respawn/rollback (minus diamond) after a week unless under town protection, or at a certain ground level. This would help keep the server clean and un-depleted of the resources.

*Hold monthly votes on new features to add, this way we can keep the sever current, fun and ever-growing!

*Reset the end/ Nether every 2 months (unless areas under town protection) this will keep the other dimensions clean and re-supplied. Also would give people who want to kill the nether dragon a chance to do so..Maybe make a special area in the end (you can use a portal from spawn) to have the dragon re-spawn everyday to provide others with a chance to kill the beast!

*Keep the current backpack system (a bit modified) and pet selector, I do like the backpack you get as VIP/Premium it is highly useful..However I do wish it was a bit different. Maybe somehow make it to where VIP's get a double chest instead of a single and/or add a crafting table VIP's can carry around and use without having to place it, maybe add the crafting table feature as a premium thing as well. The pet selector is simply just a fun tool!

*Keep compass for VIP, maybe modify it so they can teleport down and not just up!...Not 'just'......I am eternally grateful for the compass 'as is' and would love to see it kept on the next map.

*Keep mickket biomes, and maybe somehow incorporate the 1.7.2 biomes as well. I am highly interested in seeing them in action, but I love the mickket biomes and his take on the nether, perhaps he can redo the end as well!? =o

*Maybe somehow add a plugin that adds more enchantments to use, same level system, Like I would love an efficiency 10 pick, unbreaking 5, that would cost like 120 levels to get, but would be well worth it. Maybe somehow remove the max levels you can use. No more "Too expensive" enchantment...Just display the levels needed and let me do it!!

---At this point I have nothing additional to add...EXCEPT---

*** Add a new ranking system, premium, VIP, and VIP+ or something like that..maybe SVIP, where you can re-buy a 2nd or third VIP and have your contribution to the server shown. No additional features would need to be added, unless you see fit. Just a change in name color from the already used colors.

Thanks,
Sedobear

Please no server reset. I want plugins and mods on THIS server. NOT a new one. But here are some plugins/mods I would like.

• Tping Horses
  • More foods
  • Unbreakable Leads
  • Jammy's Furniture Mod
  • Mo' Creatures
  • Saddles and name tags can be crafted.

Saddles formula:

leather leather leather

leather  string   leather

iron                  iron

Name tags formula:

paper paper paper

paper book  paper

string

I like this idea :o

Most of the issues you have addressed have already been internally reviewed and addressed in our intentions for the next server. I have read your full post and will take it into account, and when I submit the reset official topic you may or may not see additions you have asked for.

Oh Goody my turn! =D

First off, hi Tarquin! We miss you (or at least I do). I do however understand your desire to play next-gen games as I am getting a ps4 within the next week. With that being said a sever reset is nothing new to me and I am fully prepared to talk about suggestions to make the next one all that better!

*For starters I would love to have the option to move builds like we did last reset, maybe a decreased price on builds already saved from previous resets? Either way the feature should be incorporated into the reset plan.

*A possible Vault as some suggested, perhaps only 1 small chest to limit the amount of items. You could also charge a fee for this service as well and set rules or a list of ok/not ok items, so the items inside won't ruin the new economy. I personally think it would be grand to start off with a stack of steaks, some torches, a pickaxe or 2..ect

*A LOT more shops, one of the main reasons I keep voting yes on a reset is because every time we are promised more, bigger, better shops. I'm sorry to say, but this maps shops simply didn't compare to what I had in mind. Don't get me wrong I am happy we have at least something, I don't feel entitled to have more shops nor do I expect to have a ton. but it certainly would be great to have. At this current time we 2 Secret shops. and 4 'normal' shops with less then 6 items each. If you don't want to add too many sell shops, then don't it..It can potentially ruin the economy. For example don't have sell shops for iron or gold since those can be farmed...OR disable iron golems and pigman grinders, so you can attack the problem at the source of said problem. Like STRQ said we need to have more buy shops with decent prices, so people who want to build without having to spend hours locating resources can easily obtain the needed supplies. I have seen on this (unnamed) (I only went on it once, it wasn't LD so left after exploring their spawn setup) one server where they had this shop setup which was like a supermarket/mall, it was a 2-3 story building with nearly every item for buy or sell, the prices weren't to great for selling, but at least you had the option to sell any item for a little bit, the buy price was decent, probably 2-3 times the amount of the sell price likely to prevent too much inflation of their economy.  IF there is a reset, in January or further along in the future we need (in my opinion) more then anything, more shops..PLEASE.

*Towny, I do like the idea of having a way to protect your builds. Not sure if towny is  best. Honestly I don't know what the other options may be if any, but IF it came down to towny vs. nothing. Well towny for sure. It's not like the whole ideal behind towny is terrible, build and play with friends in a protected area with people you trust. Limiting the power of said area to one person, is alright, but what if the mayor can't be on for a few weeks. no expansion, no way to withdraw money from the bank, that you probably helped contribute to. Just small downfalls, not sure if anything can be done about those. Unlikely..

*Taxes, oh taxes..oh sweet sweet beautiful taxes.. what a bold topic to cover. One of the biggest topics within any reset is whether or not to have them and if so how high? From my experiences on the server I seen the good, bad, and ugly side of taxes. They are a good money sink to help keep the economy from being vastly inflated, and help provide people a common goal to try to achieve within the town. Whether you're working to make the daily upkeep, or trying to reach a targeted amount in he bank taxes is the main way the town interacts with each other to keep things going. Do I want taxes? Do I really care? At the end of the 'vote' will it matter if i care or not? No, I will play this server regardless of taxes. I have seen it with taxes, I have seen it without taxes. I have never really found it too difficult to maintain a decent bank to keep the town I live in up and alive. WHOEVER...With taxes enabled I have seen many many many towns fall and it kinda makes me a bit upset, all that hard work that town put in, or the people of the town. Or the people of the town who actually tried to make money for their town, but might have been the only one contributing..In a way it seems a bit unfair, but if they know how to create a town they should realize that upkeep is very important. What about those who are in a town all by themselves, but can't find time to get on for weeks at a time, and when they do i get on they find all they had worked for gone because their town fell. Again, this is not anyone's fault but their own, and is something to always foreshadow, planning ahead is the best way to stay on top I am not suggesting that taxes be disabled, but something different has to happen..I think if there are taxes, maybe disable them for the first 2-3 weeks upon server reset, that way people can have plenty of time to build up their town banks, and after that maybe make it to where any new town has 1 week before they have to start paying taxes.

*A unique idea, that probably won't work. Have no economy. Have no shops, no taxes. Let people trade items for other peoples items. I know this probably won't be supported, but it's an interesting thought at least. Let people decide what they want to sell their items for. This way the economy isn't destroyed because there simply won't be one to destroy. Only a barter system that is determined per user.

*Next, we should re-add pvp arena's and old server mazes, maybe not right away, but eventually. I would simply love to have shops out before anything else. Mainly because I don't use pvp arenas or go to the mazes often enough for it to really matter if we have them or not, but I do notice a lot of people really like going to those places, so for their sake we should re-add them. It gives them something to occupy their time with so they don't end up being bored!!

----ADDITIONAL FEATURES----

*We should have contests like we did on the previous map. Where the top 3 in that event gets some kind of award. Except this time they should be held weekly, or bi-weekly. Maybe if not by the Admins, or Abyssal..Perhaps designate a mod to run the event, each time using a different mod so they can compete when it's not their turn if they so choose to.

* Monthly or Bi-monthly cleanup crew. It's no secret that for the first 500-1000 blocks from spawn, the area gets really tore up, from resources collecting, and player builds. I know it's unjustifiable to remove someone's build just because in your opinion it looks bad, but you do have to admit it doesn't take long for the areas around spawn to become a cluttered mess. If things are abandoned then, they should be removed so somebody else can build in that place. I realize it would take A LOT of work on anyone involved with the process, but would keep the server nice and clean!

** Alternatively. Maybe make any block 500-1000 blocks respawn/rollback (minus diamond) after a week unless under town protection, or at a certain ground level. This would help keep the server clean and un-depleted of the resources.

*Hold monthly votes on new features to add, this way we can keep the sever current, fun and ever-growing!

*Reset the end/ Nether every 2 months (unless areas under town protection) this will keep the other dimensions clean and re-supplied. Also would give people who want to kill the nether dragon a chance to do so..Maybe make a special area in the end (you can use a portal from spawn) to have the dragon re-spawn everyday to provide others with a chance to kill the beast!

*Keep the current backpack system (a bit modified) and pet selector, I do like the backpack you get as VIP/Premium it is highly useful..However I do wish it was a bit different. Maybe somehow make it to where VIP's get a double chest instead of a single and/or add a crafting table VIP's can carry around and use without having to place it, maybe add the crafting table feature as a premium thing as well. The pet selector is simply just a fun tool!

*Keep compass for VIP, maybe modify it so they can teleport down and not just up!...Not 'just'......I am eternally grateful for the compass 'as is' and would love to see it kept on the next map.

*Keep mickket biomes, and maybe somehow incorporate the 1.7.2 biomes as well. I am highly interested in seeing them in action, but I love the mickket biomes and his take on the nether, perhaps he can redo the end as well!? =o

*Maybe somehow add a plugin that adds more enchantments to use, same level system, Like I would love an efficiency 10 pick, unbreaking 5, that would cost like 120 levels to get, but would be well worth it. Maybe somehow remove the max levels you can use. No more "Too expensive" enchantment...Just display the levels needed and let me do it!!

---At this point I have nothing additional to add...EXCEPT---

*** Add a new ranking system, premium, VIP, and VIP+ or something like that..maybe SVIP, where you can re-buy a 2nd or third VIP and have your contribution to the server shown. No additional features would need to be added, unless you see fit. Just a change in name color from the already used colors.

Thanks,
Sedobear

That is fine, just trying to contribute some construction opinions and ideas.

-Sedobear-

1 person likes this

Anyone else got some nice constructive posts with the same detail as sed? Thats exactly what we are looking for. Even if you think the idea is completely OUT THERE, voice it. This is YOUR SERVER too.

Alright, a lot of these ideas were already mentioned to mickket in teamspeak, but its important to have other people who arnt part of staff see ideas and say if they like them too so here goes. That being said, I wont go into much detail on ones that sed so wonderfully talked about.

1. More shops/ways to get money. With taxes on, a towny server runs off its economy, and if the only way to keep a town going is to mine stone and sell it, people get burnt out and dont play. However, in addition to just selling items, having a reward based mini-game system would be awesome, where tokens could be traded in for money (one way transfer) and fuel towns that way. Then, if someone has sold all their excess items, they dont need to go mining, they could go play some games with friends. Also, gold and iron farms have made smelted gold and iron shops unpractical. However, if you were to have shops where you sell the ore, then you would know that it was mined by hand and not in a farm. (Smelted gold could be sold however if we use mickkets awesome custom nether)

2. Arenas, racetracks and minigames! With colored glass coming out in 1.7, a racetrack where each section is a different color, like the old one, but the glass as well would look awesome. Doing team based racetracks would be awesome too, where you had to wait for a partner to open a gate via stone pressure plate to move on. Arenas are self explanatory, but complex multileveled ones, like the ships on the last map, are AWESOME, especially from the view of an (ex)member. In arenas 1 2 and 3 the person with strong weapons and armor always wins. However, on the ship arena, you could punch someone, hide, jump, use distractions and push people into water and off ladders that meant that battles lasted a loooot longer, and wernt necessarily won by the person with better gear. Plus, with sniper perches people could shoot others as they ran below, which was always fun.

Some minigames we could have are a falling sand game, where you run around in a 20 by 20 box, and have a spawner drop sand entities (2 high) on you. If you had a negative jump effect in that 20 by 20 area, then people wouldnt be able to jump out of the sand thats suffocating them, and the last one left would win! Obviously, signs everywhere would have put down, and i know with some regioning you could deny dropping items, which would make this game less problematic for mods. 

Another game uses this plugin http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/kill-bat/. Basically, spazzed out bats that jump and fly quickly zoom around and you have to take wild pot shots with a group of people to kill it, whoever gets lucky gets a prize (the chat says who won the round, which could get annoying, so there may be a better way to carry out this idea)

Finally, and my most favorite, is splegg. Splegg is sorta like spleff, except instead of knocking people down by removing the floor under them, you shoot eggs at people, which causes them to knockback and fall down! Make a multilayered area with no fall damage, and have people start at the top and fall their way down would be great! Depending on what the area(s) look like, you could potentially combine parkour jump puzzles and shooting games together to a huge battle! http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/splegg-game/

3. Towny commands menu. Using chest commands http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chest-commands/ you can link commands to items that appear within a chest. Since LD is geared towards appealing to children who often are put off by learning complex commands (and people transferring from vanilla who do not want to learn the commands). Basically, you could set the command to /tc (towny commands) and have a menu pop up that looks like the inside of a chest. Then, each item would have a description of what it does, and once you click it, it would act like a powertool binded to /t claim or /t outpost claim ect. Perhaps, you could even make a /sc for shop commands, and be able to sell common items from your own base, making teleporting back and forth from spawn and your base unnecessary, and saving server stress from happening. 

4. This one is mostly for mickket, but the plugin worldmodify or one similar to it. Basically, its world edit, except it does the commands in chunks. You could watch as an area fills in the blocks in very quickly in relatively small groups. I know that a lot of these minigame suggestions would require the occasionally oversight and control of an admin, potentially spleff and the sort, and having world edit going and lots of people running around can stress the server a lot... but having to kick everyone off everytime something gets reset isnt practical. I, personally, have set up a server on my computer for personal (worldedit) use, and ran this on it, while only limiting java to 1 GB. Amazingly, I was able to commands that would normally have crashed or lagged it a lot, without any of the issues (and you can type commands while its 'world editing' the areas, instead of the normal command stopping lag spike. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldmodify/

5. Plotme to ld! I really have wanted to be able to help build stuff for the server, but building in survival takes a lot longer, and huge projects that, realistically, would be the only thing that are of interest to public use on the server take a lot of time. If (this being a whole different suggestion) users were able to build something in plotme and have it transferred over for public use only (like arenas, shop designs, potentially minigame areas) then world edit would have to be used. If someone was given creative to help build within a small area (and obviously perms only allowing them to build in that plot) then a useful plugin would be no creative drop.  plugin http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/stop-creative-drop/ This plugin makes it so people in creative cant drop items, and can be set so that people in creative cannot interact with chests of any type. 

6. As seen above, make the possibility of builds, like classys hot air balloon end up world guarded as part of the spawn/areas/shops/the next gen of argenta. 

7. Though I agree that re-setting the end once in a while would be fun, I think that it should be clarified that it should be the end island only because if not, ender enders would be deleted as well, decreasing the options that people have to get XP. Also, with this reset, I think it should be recorded who gets to slay the dragon, so that person/ that group cannot go back in later and kill a dragon a second time and ruin the fun for someone new.

8.The essential horse mod. I assume the horse related drama will calm down once they are more common near the center of the map, but a lot of people are very vocal about their discontent that horses cant teleport with people and that armor can be taken off by someone other than the owner.

9. VIP / Premium / Event Winner / Token shops. I know classy would do just about anything to have a grappling hook shop, and I personally am in lovvvve with the homerun bat (even if it isnt named the ugly stick anymore *tear*). Having a shop that sells the non-essential special enchant items would be sooo awesome. I also know that members would love to have these toys, so having a few that are sold to members for money, and then even more sold just with tokens that perhaps arnt in VIP or prem shops would be cool too. Also, if we have more competitions (which is yet another suggestion) like the redstone and build competitions, in addition to steam games a prize could be a month (or any unit of time) access to the other shops, and a free item thats awesome. (With this suggestion, some limitations would have to be put in place, verbal agreement with VIPs, Prems and even winners, or plugin limitation, to make sure that the world dosent get flooded with hundreds and hundreds of grappling hooks. 

10. More competitions. Perhaps no steam game rewards, instead just in-game stuff, who cares, it would be a lot of fun to have more of that. Also, with that, people who already won would be able to show off their ideas, but not help/win again for at least a few more competitions. 

11. Perhaps it already exists, but just isnt in a highly visible spot (or im blind, also totally possible) but a "What I built in LD section" on the forums. I know that not a lot of people post on the forums, and its a lot of the same people over and over, but building the abgn community outside of minecraft would be awesome, and one way to draw people onto the forums that isnt related to a jailing could be an area where you could post builds. I, personally, love exploring, yet I still manage to find amazing builds right over the hill from an outpost that I had no idea existed! It would be cool to see the skill that the ld server already has waiting. 

12. Mods get night vision helms as an item, so they can do their job with less head-ache. I know that classy and ankcta were loving the night-vision helm they are using.

13. Keep the epic battle fortresses! Though the server is geared towards younger kids, there are some older people on the server as well! Having areas, like the fortresses in the nether in mickkets nether, that naturally spawn super tough mobs is awesome! It would be a way to get specially enchanted items outside of the shops, and provide a source of entertainment for some of the older players. Also, having one public fortress that cant be claimed would be cool, I know that this map they were split up, and one was specifically set aside for members, but that was because mostly the fortresses were found by mods. Perhaps next time random people separately with no communication found the fortresses. Without intentionally doing so, they could claim and make inaccessible, all the fortresses. By having a warp sign (with lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of warning, as well as perhaps a quiz showing that they understand the danger) to the public fortress that cant be claimed or built at, it would give people a large mob-arena type area to get epic loot, without the lag of a mob arena. 

14. Spawn egg shops/rewards for winning the racetrack, or similar events that are held by staff. It wouldnt be too cheaty, but it would certainly help people who have a town near somebody who was hungry and needed to kill all the cows for food. If they did win in a competition, I think 2 spawn eggs would be best, that way they could populate their town with an animal or their choice (peaceful of course). As a layer of protection, only staff could place down the egg for the winner, but that is only if there is a danger of abuse or something of the type. (Also, could those passive mob parents be invulnerable to damage? With /potion it would be relativley easy, and with an infinite effect on the animals, the winner would be safe from jealous people trying to kill their prize, or griefers who killed them, while still letting them eat the drops from kids of the orginal) 

15.Finally, now that Ive got carpal tunnel, my last suggestion (for now at least :P ) SECRETS SECRETS SECRETS! I know that the best part of the map re-set (other than moving in with my wonderful fellow utopians) was the secret shops. More, more, more! They are so much fun to look for, and very something I looked for at spawn for a loooong time! Perhaps an area that lets people know that general area the shops are in (spawn island, next-gen argenta town, ect) so that newer players who join at least know they are out there. Also, perhaps add in a new secret shop from time to time, without any warning, simply letting people know by throwing down a sign letting people know that all of a sudden theres a new shop. I think the secret shops were done perfectly this map by mostly having shops where you buy more items than where you can sell things. That makes it more optional and fun, and dosent give you an advantage over a fellow player who just happen to know about the shop. (within that, silk touch, efficiency and unbreaking enchanted book shops would be amazing, you have no idea how long ive grinded at a grinder just to get one of those books!)

Alright, thats all that I can think of for now! Many thanks,

Big

In my opinion, I would prefer for the server to not reset, but if it does I think the taxes shouldn't stay as I liked the way how I could just expand once I had saved up enough money. Either or I don't have much say in it anyway, but that would be cool

Some plugins that would benefit the server would be an auctioning plugin, allowing players to use something like /auc [qty] [start price] [min bid], allowing other members to see items before purchasing, also something that allows us to mine spawners found naturally, generated in the world with a silk touch pick axe. This could cause problems though with people making super spawners.

Well that's my opinion, so I hope you guys take into account my post. :D

-Baggins

I really don't mind a Server reset since I would gladly start over from scratch :D

But If possible I would want the Custom nether to remain even in 1.7.2 because I prefer it way more over Vanilla Nether.

Towny:Yes

Rest:Yes

New Plugins:Marrige, that sign that teleports you somewhere random in the map and Craftable saddles and name tags

New Spawn:Yes

Mods: Jammy Furn Mo creautes Mo foods and Craftguide

This plugin: Protect horse

PVP : Off

ETC : More minigames LIke Hide n seek SG Splegg spleff Sky wars and more

NO CUSTOM BIOMES I dont like custom biomes.

World PvP is something that Lizzie herself never wanted on, and it seems bad when we have griefers who like to ruin peoples experience. World PvP is a simply no for that reason.

My votes for this discussion.

Reset or not? (Duh)

I vote for a reset, everyone gets a fresh start. Everyone is equal :)

Use towny or an alternate plugin?

I just joined so i'm not that familiar with towny but from what i've read it seems ok so I wouldn't mind if it was included.

If towny, Taxes or not?

Not sure, people won't save up for a town if they can't get money from the residents although some self-less people might. (I would save for a town with no taxes)

If yes, what are the rates?

I don't know what the rates are at now and how often you pay but I say a reasonable amount. $5 a week? Not sure..

What kind of activities you would want to see at server launch

Can't actually think of any at the moment D:

What kind of plugins would you like to see included in the new server?

Some i've seen on the bukkit plugins website. Just an idea I wouldn't mind if any were or weren't added.

*Private Horse/Protectmyhorse

*The Eye - Spectate naughty players

*Gods (Would be a cool idea but I suppose not for everyone)

*SuperCensor (No caps,spam etc)

*AreaProtect

*Bukkit Jail

*MCAdmin-Chat

*PaperMail

I could list loads of pluggin ideas but i'll stop here.