Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Server Reset - Have your Say!

Map Reset   77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes! Map Reset!!!!!!
    • Nooo!!!! I DUN WANNA LUSE MAH STUFF!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Lockers.

You deserve a boot to the head.

-Why play a game like this if you really cared about the time put into the game? You accomplish nothing in life by devoting hours upon hours mining/building no matter what you build. It's meant to be a fun constructive way to spend your time.

Well said, Sed! Good persuasive rhetoric. :)

We've had fun & we'll have even more fun in the future.

I would love this to happen....as much work as we've all put into our builds, I think if a newcomer to the server walks out of spawn and sees a griefed mess they will just find a different server. I'd like to see a change too, I admit I was getting rather bored. :)

I changed my vote to yes after seeing the benefits of resetting..

I would like to state my thanks to everyone for being mature in how you are dealing with it. I have seen a few who intend on rigging the vote, and If I see it happen, I will be very disappointed. This is a decision that all users of the server have their say it because it affects everyone.

We are intending to do our best in providing a BETTER map if we do end up resetting, with multiple protected regions/warps/shops.

We are intending that if the server is not reset, to do our best to expand on what we have, but we will be very limited as to where we can safely build new content.

1 person likes this

If the server does reset, how long will the server be down for?

does cleaning up old spawn count as griefing...me and like alot of other ppl want to know!

no, it doesn't. It is the server administrators choice really, they are just being diplomatic about it, which i find to be a great way to be with the community.

They could also just have said ''server reset! screw you opinion! *click*'' but they didn't.

so no, it is not griefing, griefing is to be an annoying prick. Tarquin and the others are doing this for good of as many as possible, both for looks, personality of the server, and the fact that many are shunned away by having to walk 30 minutes before they can access a place that doesn't look like a dumpster, or is already taken.

I think you misunderstood his question. He's asking if he can personally go around and clean up the area. The answer is no as a regular user has no way to know who's house is who's and it is considered griefing if it's not yours. I have been victim to these users cleaning up homes before. So I am aware that many of them use it as an excuse to just gain materials for themselves. "Cleaning" and area without permission from a mod, agent or admin is not allowed. As I have told Gackel in game before.

If you take out all of the MODS/ADMINS/OPS out of the poll the vote against the reset is clearly ahead. I don't think this is fair as it doesn't affect them as much as it does the everyday player on the server. I am not saying they should not get a say but they don't spend half as much time on the server actually building/ mining ect...

Also if you decide to reset could you add more items to the sell shop near spawn as i and many other have lots of items that are not there like nether brick and wood that would be a waste of time and effort after the reset.

Big Fish, have you SEEN the mods' town? Ask someone from their town (like Stay Classy) for a tour, then say they don't spend any time building on the server.

I would just like to say I spend just as much if not more time building, mining and harvesting on the server as any other regular user ontop of modding. Your welcome to use /town spawn AbyssalCity to see out town.

I'm with Bosie and Lazt on that one...being a town member myself.

I initially voted against the reset, not wanting AC to lose all that we have built up and done. It didn't seem like the best move. Considering I haven't spend any time accumulating personal money or supplies and only using what I needed to build, and putting the rest in the town storage.

Then I thought about it for a bit. When the Abyssal Public server first started it was in much the same posistion as the LDShadowlady server. A good core of regular users, including the Agents, Mods and Admin (it was just Tarquin) and a whole lot of griefers. The reason I got to know some of the Agents was because I was the victim of one grief after another, and they were constantly helping me out, until the server finally got Towney and I got invited to a town. The area around spawn looked horrible, hardly any special resources (think diamond, lapis, etc) and most new users would hop on for a few minutes take a look around and never come back. Tarquin reset the map and changed the seed (without the benefit of a vote like this, so count your blessings) and things changed. The area around spawn isn't full of craptastic empty homes anymore, new users come on and stay on and in general we have a better server for it.

Thinking of all this I couldn't do anything other than change my vote over to "Yes." If the same thing can happen to this server, isn't it in the server's best interest? That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. A bunch of you will disagree with those of us who think it's a good thing, and that's okay. At the end of the day, this is a game. We should play it, have a good time, and try to remember that this isn't life or death. Like Levar Burton said, you don't have to take my word for it!

1 person likes this

If you take out all of the MODS/ADMINS/OPS out of the poll the vote against the reset is clearly ahead. I don't think this is fair as it doesn't affect them as much as it does the everyday player on the server. I am not saying they should not get a say but they don't spend half as much time on the server actually building/ mining ect...

Also if you decide to reset could you add more items to the sell shop near spawn as i and many other have lots of items that are not there like nether brick and wood that would be a waste of time and effort after the reset.

Actually, there are only 7 people mod/admins, so if you take those away the yes side is still ahead, and if you take away scurvy, and myself (An affiliate, and general staff member) thats only nine so the yes side is still ahead. I'm doing this by the total right now which is 40-28

1 person likes this

lol sorry didn't think that through :/ but the sell shop thing??

uhh.. Changes scare me and i wouldn't want to see AC disappear just like that :( But on the other side most of the caves have been explored and there are no diamonds to be found (also the land around spawn looks awful, no offence) so yeah i think the conclusion is to reset the server >.<

I would like to state my thanks to everyone for being mature in how you are dealing with it. I have seen a few who intend on rigging the vote, and If I see it happen, I will be very disappointed. This is a decision that all users of the server have their say it because it affects everyone.

We are intending to do our best in providing a BETTER map if we do end up resetting, with multiple protected regions/warps/shops.

We are intending that if the server is not reset, to do our best to expand on what we have, but we will be very limited as to where we can safely build new content.

Can you make the shop bigger when you do the server reset, we should be able to sell way more stuff :)

Also, make the spawn less laggy by making it a selcluded area & have users tp to the main area?

And how long will the reset take? taking into account you`ll have to build the spawn area again.

Anyways, hope the new map will be better :)

good luck

I say yes, reset it. If you look at the server map and zoom in there are very few places where no onw has built. Also if anyone needs or wants help gather resources I am MORE than willing to help. No charge. I just want to see people get back up on their and play. If you want to take me up on my offer just ask :)