Welcome to Abyssal Gaming Network

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
SpitefulBatman

Server Reset - Have your Say!

Map Reset   77 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want it?

• Yes! Map Reset!!!!!!
    • Nooo!!!! I DUN WANNA LUSE MAH STUFF!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Many know that the server has become a bit messy with all the evil chunks as well as griefed buildings.

Today you get your say, shall we reset the server map? All money in your characters account should be retained through the transfer, towns will be removed, inventories reset and the entire world reset with a new seed. This will also keep things new as it will be different to what people are used to; this means exploration! and Fun!

We also want to move the shops away from spawn during this transition so that the lag caused by them does not effect anybody, like a shopping mall with its own warp in and out.

Select an option from the poll, when it closes a decision will be made.

FAQ's

How long between the Poll ends and the map reset?

Roughly a week.

During this time can we sell our resources?

Yes, you can liquidate your towns/chests etc.

Any other major changes that come with the reset?

Pricing on the new map will be the same, so you will be in a position to start buying items quick. We hope to put more items in soon after the reset.

What about if someone griefs my house and sells the items?

Report it as usual, not only will they be jailed, but their money will be set to 0. This goes for all griefs that we don't intend to Perma-Jail. If you are going to be Perma-Jailed or Banned, we wont bother with your money.

Note: I also know that after the server gets boring people stop playing and move on, so for them this is good.

This vote & replies will be closed Saturday, May 12th at 4:00pm, in the posters local time.

Do we get a refund on the towns because we've put alot of money into them?

FAQ's

How long between the Poll ends and the map reset?

Roughly a week.

During this time can we sell our resources?

Yes, you can liquidate your towns/chests etc.

Any other major changes that come with the reset?

Pricing on the new map will be the same, so you will be in a position to start buying items quick. We hope to put more items in soon after the reset.

What about if someone griefs my house and sells the items?

Report it as usual, not only will they be jailed, but their money will be set to 0. This goes for all griefs that we don't intend to Perma-Jail. If you are going to be Perma-Jailed or Banned, we wont bother with your money.

Would we have any assistance with rebuilding/getting resources that cannot be bought and sold at the spawn shop?

Because I have put a hell of alot of working into my house, and i do not want to have to re-aquire more than 12k blocks of sandstone and stone bricks.....

1 person likes this

>-< I have put so much work into my house v.v and acquiring all the items >-< I really really don't want it to reset, or if it did have some way to kind of like, copy and paste mine and rubrics town into the middle of the ocean then me and rubric could Terra-morph it into an island?? ^-^ *hint* *hint*

Also Bukkit has a 'regen' features which restore the selected area to it's original state :3

NOOOOO!!! don't do that! i'd lose all the work on my castle and other building around it (been working on it steady since server started) that would flipping SUCK! So please for the love of whats left of my sanity don't do it!

1 person likes this

yes please.

The entire area around spawn and for a few miles is cluttered with random towers. Griefed houses. Left over ugly houses. Griefers every day, everywhere. ruined forests, and blank areas that people meant to build on, but then left because everyone else was building there, thus just creating a shitty little island.

So yes, a server reset would be nice. All the items are easily re-acquired, and anyone having build in there for so long, must have made some friends for help.

Here are some reasons a server reset might be a good idea:

*Gets rid of ugly, abandoned houses.

*Restores depleted resources.

*Chance to start fresh further out, now that we know what we know about griefers on the server.

*Maybe some of the more immature players will be frustrated by a reset & we'll never see them again.

* Acquisitiveness is bad; change is good.

:)

This is the first time I've played on a server, and I've learnt a lot in the last few weeks. I think it would be great to be able to start over on this server & do things like move further from spawn (without being attached to my current house), build in a better way to thwart griefers, etc. I think it'd be really good that we have a chance to make money from our old place & put that into a new, better place. I don't see it as losing time spent on our current places-- just gaining experience to make something better.

Would we have any assistance with rebuilding/getting resources that cannot be bought and sold at the spawn shop?

Because I have put a hell of alot of working into my house, and i do not want to have to re-aquire more than 12k blocks of sandstone and stone bricks.....

No. The point is to refresh the map, give people who are bored something new to do and explore. It gives them new content.

>-< I have put so much work into my house v.v and acquiring all the items >-< I really really don't want it to reset, or if it did have some way to kind of like, copy and paste mine and rubrics town into the middle of the ocean then me and rubric could Terra-morph it into an island?? ^-^ *hint* *hint*

Also Bukkit has a 'regen' features which restore the selected area to it's original state :3

The regen feature is incredibly resource intensive. Just to regen the area near spawn last night used about 3GB of ram until java finally off loaded the data from RAM. This is NOT the answer and will not even be considered. Ugly or New are the 2 options.

does cleaning up old spawn count as griefing...me and like alot of other ppl want to know!

The Restart...We get to keep out invintory and our money...thats it right?

I agree to the restart, the main reason I don't come on often like I did a few weeks ago is because of how everything was already gone, I played for as long as possible due to the community, but the gameplay dwindled around the server, with everything being gone.

All money in your characters account should be retained through the transfer, towns will be removed, inventories reset and the entire world reset with a new seed.

Seems we only get to keep our money. Not even the inventory will stay -.-

And oh.. if your gonna reset the server based on an extra say 10 votes.. then WOW.

I think they're trying to make voting more of a democracy and the majority wins. Saying it just wins by 1 vote is still winning. If they wanted the collective opinions of everyone and not just a keep vs reset I think they would, then more then likely they wouldn't have approached this situation in a democratic way.

Do I care that I lose dozens of hours of gameplay?

-I'm indifferent, I can see the good side and bad side to this situation and I wish there were different ways to approach this, but in the end a simple reset is best.

-Why play a game like this if you really cared about the time put into the game? You accomplish nothing in life by devoting hours upon hours mining/building no matter what you build. It's meant to be a fun constructive way to spend your time.

-Sure I've built great things that i'll hate to see go, but as said before, what I've done so far on this server has if nothing else at least taught me a few things about playing on a server like this. With the knowledge I've acquired from playing this server It will no doubt help me come out ahead when/if the server is reset.

-Sure I've spent hours collecting chestful after chestful of resources that I had planned to use eventually, but it can be re-obtained and with the resources being replenished it will only be a matter of time again before I have everything back.

-To say people who voted yes obviously didn't spend much time building is ridiculous, I know a few people who voted yes that spent just as much time if not more time then me building epicly great tings and I'm certain they're just as upset to see those things go, but through the darkness of the tunnel they can see light and all the good things that awaits them.

-The spawn and surrounding area is trashed, so much clutter, so many depleted resources. The admins have tried time and time again to make things work, but when all said and done...There isn't much left they can do.

Just a side note...This server is free, the admins/mods actually care about everyone. if griefing is committed they're always right there trying to fix any problem and if it';s bad enough it can be rolled back. If all we have to do is take a small hit to our personal succession then consider ourselves lucky. We all learned from this server (even the mods/admins). The way I see it, it was a starter map like a tutorial where we all learned valuable and useful information/MC tactics.

The admins learned they have to build a bigger/better spawn in a larger area and players (hopefully) learned the further from spawn you build the better off you'll be and less likely you'll end up griefed.

If/When this server is reset anyway who needs a hand from time to time re-obtaining your gathered stones, just message me and i'll spend a bit of time trying to help you out a bit.

I voted yes, hate me if you must we can talk in pm if you really want, but my decision is final.

2 people like this

I have seen several replys that do so in a condescending manner. This isnt how this is going down. I will start moderating the topic replies if it continues, all users opinions are of equal importance to us.

=S was it something I said Tarq?

-Sorry if anybody found anything I said offensive, I didn't intend to poke at certain people/certain group of people.

I did imply that the mods/admins on this server care fro every player equally.